We take enormous pride in our autobiographies
All our people at LifeBook™ take enormous pride helping produce a personal autobiography and have an overwhelming desire to meet incredible people with amazing stories to tell.
They are a dedicated, committed team providing the ongoing support required to help you or a loved one write an autobiography and manage all aspects of writing a life story.
Their goal is to work with and build a productive relationship with the author and family to ensure the completed LifeBook™ autobiography is a celebration of a lifetime of memories and is a special gift and a treasure to be loved down the generations.
Our team consists of five skilled and experienced members – an interviewer, a project manager, a ghostwriter, an editor and a typesetter.
Our dedicated interviewers help capture amazing stories about a person’s life. They help facilitate the unfolding of a life journey by building a relationship with the author over a series of personal visits. The interviewer is fully trained and plays a vital role in bringing to life and recording amazing life stories, creating a wonderful family legacy.
Our interviewers visit the author, usually in their own home, over a period of about four months. Each meeting is 90 minutes long and digitally recorded for our ghostwriter to shape into a manuscript that will become a hardback book of up to 160 pages and 60 photographs.
Part-time Interviewer, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshireread more
Part-time Interviewer, Birmingham, West Midlandsread more
Part-time Interviewer, Muir of Ord, Inverness, Scotlandread more
Part-time Interviewer, Yelverton, Devonread more
Part-time Interviewer, Hemel Hempstead, Buckinghamshireread more
Part-time Interviewer, Dubairead more
Part-time Interviewer, Barcelona, Spain.read more
Part-time Interviewer, Lambton Shores, Ontario, Canadaread more
LifeBook Ltd is a private producer of autobiographies for clients who wish to share their life stories with their families and friends in a memoir-style book that depicts their legacy. We are looking to expand our global network of ghostwriters with writers who are able to work on a regular stream of projects, each typically lasting three to four months.
Each of our authors offer their own unique story, and the role of the LifeBook ghostwriter is to use a series of 11 recorded interviews to tell the author’s story whilst maintaining an accurate representation of their voice in a memoir that they will share with their family today and for generations to come. Our goal is for anyone who reads the book to feel as if the author is telling their stories to them through the pages.
Our ghostwriters have excellent literary talents and a passion for writing. We try wherever possible to match writers to projects based on any shared knowledge or interests they may have with the author. This is a freelance writing role ideal for anyone who loves to write as a hobby or would like a regular supply of unique writing projects.
- Demonstrable writing and editing skills. Applicants will initially be asked to undertake a writing test that is representative of the kind of work they will be asked to do;
- An enthusiastic attitude with a desire to write well and take pride in what is produced;
- A keen eye and attention to detail; we have a duty of care to our authors to accurately capture their stories in full;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a project team;
- The ability to meet a 48-hour turnaround time when writing up each 90-minute interview;
- Experience using web-based platforms and Microsoft Word;
- The ability and willingness to adapt the writing style if required by the author and take on board any feedback from the author and editor;
- Your agreement to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
In addition to the remuneration of the role, we offer the following benefits:
- Each author has a unique story. You will play a key part in capturing this in their LifeBook;
- A regular stream of freelance work based on your capacity and availability; our writers typically work on 1–3 books at any given time, and we would expect each interview to take approximately six hours to complete;
- Open, constructive feedback from your own assigned editor to help you develop as a writer.
Our Specialist Roles
Please view and apply for specialist roles below.
Enquire about vacancies
If you want to apply for or enquire about a position fill in the form below
LifeBook operates globally and has Authors, Interviewers and Writers all over the world