For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LifeBook™ Limited of Munstead Cottage, Hascombe Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU8 4AB.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is David Moëd
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lifebookuk.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of enquiring about our products and services, when providing feedback and testimonials about our products and services and when registering as a friend of the site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information in your CV (including any sensitive information contained in your CV) provided by you when enquiring about recruitment opportunities at LifeBook and retain by us for recruitment purposes.
INVITE A FRIEND
If you choose to use our tell a friend service to tell a friend about LifeBook, we will ask you for your friends’ email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. We will only store and use this information for the purpose of sending emails and tracking the success of the tell a friend service. Your friend may submit a request that we remove this information from our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do so within a reasonable time.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Our site uses session cookie files which are automatically generated when you visit our site but these files do not store your data and will be deleted from your computer when you finish using the site by closing your browser.
Where you continue to use our site without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our site. You can however set your browser not to accept cookies and www.aboutcookies.org will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our site features may not function as a result.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- When we contact any friend you have recommend our site to, using our tell a friend service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To deal with enquires and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- To consider whether you would be suitable for recruitment opportunities at LifeBook and to contact you in relation to any future opportunities. By submitting your CV to us you agree to your information being held and used in this way.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a potential customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LifeBook Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We may also require you to provide further information so we are satisfied of your identity before we deal with your request.