PLEASE ONLY APPLY USING THE FORM BELOW NOT BY TELEPHONE
The role of the LifeBook Interviewer is to help capture amazing stories about a person’s life. You will facilitate a life journey unfolding, by building a relationship with an interesting author, over a series of personal visits. You will play a vital role in bringing to life and recording their autobiographical stories, creating a wonderful family legacy.
The Interviewer will visit the author, usually in their own home, typically once a week over a three or six month period. Each weekly meeting lasts one to two hours and is digitally recorded for our Ghostwriter to creatively adapt into a 160-page hardback book with the support of a LifeBook Experience Manager.
The role requires:
- Commitment to completing 3 to 6 months of weekly interviews
- Living in a close proximity to the Author, to allow for short travel times of less than 10 miles or 30 minutes
- A desire to work with and build a relationship and life story with the Author
- An interest in social history and people stories, from the every day to the exceptional
- Active listening and strong verbal communication skills
- Empathy, patience & an open manner
- Open-minded and non judgemental
- Some basic interviewing or questioning skills, coupled with a natural curiosity and ability to probe and get more details to paint a picture.
Whilst the role is remunerated, there are additional benefits of Interviewers work with LifeBook, including:
- The pride of helping produce a personal autobiography and family legacy
- Becoming part of a global community and communicating with other interviewers and sharing experiences
- To meet incredible people with extraordinary stories to tell
- Comprehensive on-line training and on-going support from a professional, expanding UK company
- Volunteering -style roles can bring huge personal satisfaction
To apply, fill in the details below and submit your application.